The following Table compiled from the Return of Possession held in Conception Bay 1805, also known as the Plantation Book, list the Rooms/ Plantations in Bareneed linked to the Snow family. The Table gives the year the property was acquired (cleared, inherited, bought) and how aquired.
|24||William & John||Snow||1793||From his father|
|25||Edward Snow||Snow||1793||From his father|
|26||Thomas||Snow||1793||From his father|
|28||John||Snow||1777||From his father Jacob to Hunter & Co in 1807|
The following Table presents the information for members of the Snow family listed in the 1817 Census for Bear Need (Bareneed).
|15||Edw’d Snow E son||6||8||John Moore||Distressed|
|16||Wm Snow ditto||2||4||ditto||ditto|
|17||John Snow ditto||6||8||Ths Bartlett||ditto|
|18||Wm Snow Senr||4||6||ditto||ditto|
|20||Edw’d Snow W Son||2||1||5||Ths Danson||ditto|
|21||Th’s Snow E Son||2||1||5||ditto||Well off|
|23||Thomas Snow Snr||1||3||Graham||ditto|
The Snows lived in the area at the top of this hill in the eastern end of Bareneed known as Jorsey. This was likely a reference to Jersey since many of the settlers in this area (Batten, Snow, Preautx /Picco, LeViscounte, Norman) had roots in the Channel Islands.
Edward Snow built the Brothers, 65 tons for Edward French, and two other schooners the Winter, 64 tons and John, 47 tons (no other information) were registered as built in Bareneed. Success (17 tons) owned by Edward Snow registered in 1812.
|76607||1815||37||WILLIAM||Edward Snow owner|
|7968||1819||65||BROTHERS||Edward Snow for Edward French|
1833 Murder of John Snow of Bareneed (under construction).
The 1835 Voters List for Port de Grave District listed seven Snows in Bareneed, one in the Dock (western part of Bareneed) and 2 with no village specified.
|1835 Voters List Bareneed|
|SNOW, Charles of John||Port de Grave||Bareneed|
|SNOW, John of John||Port de Grave||Bareneed|
|SNOW, William (carpenter)||Port de Grave||Bareneed|
|SNOW, Thomas (South Side)||Port de Grave||Bareneed|
|SNOW, William of Thomas||Port de Grave||Bareneed|
|SNOW, William (Grace)||Port de Grave||Bareneed|
|SNOW, John (carpenter)||Port de Grave||Bareneed|
|SNOW, William||Port de Grave||Dock|
|SNOW, Thomas Senior||Port de Grave|
|SNOW, Charles of Thomas||Port de Grave|
In 1841 Abraham Hall of Bareneed married Bellisen Snow at Bareneed but in 1858 a Bellisent Snow , a widow, remarried. At that time her address was given as North River.
|Dec. 2, 1841||Abraham HALL||Bachelor||Bareneed||Bellisen SNOW||Spinster||Bareneed||J. Vicars||Samuel BATTEN, John SNOW|
|Bear Need||HALL||Jacob & Bridget||Abraham||18 Sept 1814|